Monday 21 April 2014

Task 6C Award Title

Thinking about what award title to have has been a difficult process for me. Already gaining a Trinity Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre at Italia Conti and working as a professional performer singing, dancing and acting, I have lots of experience and knowledge on this subject, so choosing the follwing title would be a straight forward option :

·         BA Hons Professional Practice (Musical Theatre)

·         BA Hons Professional Practice (Performing Arts)


However, throughout my performing career I have taught singing for many establishes companies and worked within primary schools as a Teaching assistant gaining vast experience teaching pupils from the ages of 3-18 years old. My current professional practice is based working with foundation stage pupils (aged 3-5 yrs) where I have found a true passion to persue a career in teaching.  I wish to use my BA Hons Professional Practice degree to complete a  PGCE/QTS course to enable me to become a fully qualified teacher, if it be in Performing Arts or Early Years.  So, I have thought about creating my own title:

·         BA Hons Professional Practice (Performing Arts & Teaching)

·         BA Hons Professional Practice (Performing Arts & Early Years)

 
However, involving ‘Teaching’ and ‘Early years’ to my award title restricts the possibilities for future opportunities,  if I keep it to just ‘Performing Arts’ its left open to develop all areas of singing, dancing and acting. Also with all my past experience in performing it would be a shame not to credit the years I’ve spent doing it. I have chosen a line of inquiry that link both my passions together and as a final result  I personally feel the best award title for me is:

·         BA Hons Professional Practice (Performing Arts)


Award Title Rationale Draft:

Having gained a Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre and worked professionally as a performer singing, dancing and acting I feel I have lots of knowledge and experience within this field.  Through out my professional career I have always had a passion for teaching. Currently teaching singing to pupils aged 3-18 yrs I use the skills and techniques I have gained from my training and performing experiences to enahnce my teaching style and method.

As well as peforming experience I have worked as a teaching assistant in a variety of educational settings working with pupils aged 3-18 yrs. Within this practice I have gained a true passion in foundation stage teaching.  Following my BA Hons professional Practice degree I wish to persue a PGCE/QTS course to enable me to become a fully qualified teacher if it be within early years or performing arts  as they are both my passion. This title will provide many career opportunities for the future if it be in teaching or performance related.  Within this course my aim is to develop and improve my already established skills within my chosen field using varied and previously unexplored media and techniques, that help me achieve and fulfill future targets within education and employment.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment