Monday 7 October 2013

Task 1d: 2d images

For this task I decided to produce a gallery of memories from my performing jobs and professional headshots. Each photo triggers lots of memories for me. Images are very important in today's society, especially social media websites. They tell a person's story and gives you an immediate insight into that particular person; e.g. what they look they, interests, personality etc.

In the performing industry we are judged by a photo everyday, so having a good headshot was always important to me when I auditioned for jobs and agents, it also gave me many opportunities to be noticed as a performer. 

As my career has moved on into teaching I find it difficult to capture my singing lessons due to ethic reasons and the safety of having images of children on social networks. 

For this reason I have put a link to my photo gallery on Flickr. To do this I had to create a Flickr account, this process came easier to me as I'm used to uploading images on Facebook and this helped me realise I use web 2.0 tools on a regular bases.

Photo gallery link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/104589599@N03/

After creating my photo gallery I had a go at exploring new tools and uploading a video of my singing classes at Starmaker. All of my photo's in my gallery are performance related and I wanted to demonstrate my teaching professional practice as well.

Video link:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/104589599@N03/
Also on you tube:



4 comments:

  1. Hey Natalie,

    I have to start my saying that the video of your little singers is so Cute, they are so good!

    I was wondering if you could help though, how do you get your links to go straight to the sight by clicking on them? I just copied and paste my links so it doesn't work! Hope you can help!

    Great Blog, i liked how you mentioned about in this industry we are judged by our photo, so true!

    Heather X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,
    Thanks for your comments. I don't know if it helps but I copied the link that's in the address bar when you're on the page, you should get the URL that goes straight to the page. I've also copied it and put it in a word document to check it turns blue then you know you've got the direct link. I hope I've helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie,

    I have had a look through your photos and I must say you look very busy! your pictures create a great understanding of what your professional background is this is why capturing the moment can be extremely eye opening.

    As I'm in the teaching path I too question if Flickr will benefit me? I create lots of visual ways of learning how ever due to ethic reasons and safety of children I find it hard to capture what I do.


    I am attempting to create a Flickr account and many people have said how easy it is. But for some unknown reason I'm finding it difficult. please could you help me step by step on how to sign up? I went on the website but it explains I need a yahoo account?

    Thanks

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Natalie
    Great photos!!!
    Creating my Flickr account was much easier than creating my blog. I totally agree what you say about photos are important in our industry. At auditions I used to try and look, at people's headshots that were near me in the line. Some of them I thought were terrible but some were amazing. I have the same problem Aswell about putting up photos of my pupils because I want to share with people what I do and maybe get feedback from people like yourselves but the ethical issues get in the way. The world and laws now are understandable but at the same time annoying. I am currently researching into the ethical issues and I want to know things like
    Can I put up audio recordings? Or would I need permission.

    ReplyDelete